April 21, 2009

Bauer Giving Up the Daily Blog

Read it and weep.

Bob makes good points, points I have struggled with myself. One difference is that Bob has blogged a few significant paragraphs of substance every day. I, on the other hand, see about 80% of my content as linking (and often briefly commenting) on recent events, with the other 20% being substance/analysis equivalent to what Bob does. So I can put off my substance for a few days when I have other commitments. I've also tried to confine my blogging to a finite period of time in the morning, with only important updates during the day.

Still, sometimes the blog seems like a fourth child of mine, competing for my attention. I certainly can sympathize with Bob's decision, and am happy to hear that the blogopshere's loss will be a gain for scholarly journals and a deeper understanding of election law issues.

Posted by Rick Hasen at April 21, 2009 10:08 AM