1. Supreme Court mostly unanimous on issues people care less about or where they want to punt.
2. On highly ideological issues, Court still divided 5-4, with Kennedy usually as swing Justice.
3. Just because this term did not feature many blockbuster decisions doesn’t mean Court less divided.
4. Biggest civil case:McCutcheon campaign finance case-down slope to more $ in politics http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2014/04/the_subtle_awfulness_of_the_mccutcheon_v_fec_campaign_finance_decision_the.html …
5. Biggest criminal case is cell phone case which updates 4th Amendment for 21st century.
6. Cases like
#Harris queue up Court conservative majority to continue project of overruling lib. precedent
7. The 2016 presidential election likely will determine direction of Court for a long time.